Birthday Party Planning

Jordan's birthday is rapidly approaching. I cannot believe he is going to be 1. I remember so clearly being pregnant with him. What it felt like when he kicked me. I remember the bed rest, and not being able to wait until he was born. Now here I am 12 months later, wishing I could rewind the clock. I wish he could be a baby for just a little while longer.

With that said, enough of the mushy stuff. I have said many times that Jordan's birthday was going to be really simple. Family and friends at the house, birthday cake, done... However, my simple birthday plan has turned into a 45 person, birthday party extravaganza, including catered ice cream sandwiches. How did I get here? Don't I understand the weak economy, and what a complete waste of money this is? I DO understand! But sometimes my alter domestic ego takes over, and all of a sudden I find myself obsessed with center pieces for a park table.

The evite has already gone out so it is too late to back out... However, I will vow only to serve hot dogs, and chips, and not spend any more unnecessary money. . . . well except for a pair of tiny red suspenders that I'm convinced Jordan needs for his birthday outfit.

What can I say, I am a work in progress.

0 comments: