My Little Petri Dishes

I have a friend who calls kids human Petri dishes, which for the most part is true (even more so if you have kids in Daycare or School). Kids carry germs with what seems like super human immunity. A runny nose for them, most definitely will result in a hideous flu for me (in bed all day, covers drawn to just below my eyes, cursing all people under 4 feet). Early Sunday morning my oldest son came in my room complaining of a sore throat. First I asked him a series of questions to determine if he was really sick (phantom illness runs rampant in my house, especially around chore or bedtime. Recently my 5 year old son told me he had “the cramps”. I can’t wait to tell him that story when he is older, and completely grossed out by what that actually implies. I gave him some water, and miraculously he was cured).

Sore throat confirmed, Nyquil and Chloroseptic down, all that was left was one pitiful looking 6 year old boy. Clearly in need of snuggles, I did what any mom would do. I snuggled my little Petri dish, breathing his germy air. However, given the chance to snuggle a little boy (who most days would much rather play than humor his mom with hug), is worth the threat of the plague. A few hours later, he and his brothers were running around the house causing havoc as usual. (That is, until it was time to wake up for school. . . .)

1 comments:

stonebrookcottage said...

lol..this is funny and cute. Children are truly living and walking bacteria sticks. It amazes me how strong their immune systems are!