Obnoxious Plan

I sometimes have conversations with my boys that I wish I could record. I’m positive that if retold it would somehow lose its punch, and more importantly it’s humor. However, I am going to do my best to recreate two conversations I had with my sons last week.


Obnoxious

Journey (age 6): Mom, are we (himself and his brother) obnoxious?

Mom: (Convinced that Journey has no idea what obnoxious means, I ask..) What do you think obnoxious means?

Journey: Annoying, and talks to much and loud.

Mom: (Wow, he kind of hit the nail on the head with that one) No baby, you guys aren’t obnoxious.

Journey: But we’re annoying

Justice (age 5): and we talk a lot, right mom?

Mom: You’re not annoying (but you do talk a lot… no way I can argue that)

Journey: Yes we are, remember when you said we were getting on your nerves?

Mom: (How come his memory can’t be this good when I tell him not to forget to turn in his homework) Yes, sometimes you get on my nerves, but not in an obnoxious way. Sponge Bob, and that scary lady from So You Think You Can Dance are obnoxious. Not you.

Journey: Well, I think I’m obnoxious.

Mom: Well, I don’t. I think you guys are perfect

Lesson learned: The older your kids get, the harder it is to lie to them.


You Got to Have a Plan

This conversation took place at 7:30 a.m.

Journey: What did you have planned for your life?

Mom: What!?!

Journey: What did you plan for your life?

Mom: (WTH? How old is this kid... 50? And it’s 7:30 in the morning, way too early for an essay question. What do I say….)

Journey: (Looking at me as if he can’t believe it’s taking so long for me to come up with an answer. I can hear him thinking “and to think you USED to be my hero”)

Mom: To be happy at home with my family, and have a career that I love. (Shameless plug: I would love to blog for a living. Anyone out there looking to employ a sarcastic mommy blogger, I’m ready to start today!)

Journey: That’s it? (what do you mean that’s it?) What about us, did you plan that for your life?

Mom: Of course! I always knew I wanted kids. I just didn’t know they’d be as wonderful as you guys.

Lesson Learned: Regardless of age, when a man asks a “deep question” at the end, it always boils down to them

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny!!!

Andrea said...

I love your lessons. Seriously, SO well put about the men in our lives. Thanks for sharing these stories!

StaceyC4 said...

Great conversations. It's kind of cool when they want to engage in what they consider to be deep, thought provoking conversations. They're always fun!

Jennifer said...

LOL, this is too funny! How great are these mommy-kid convos?!

Loving your blog! Stopping by from MBC (even though I'm not a mom, so I hope they don't kick me out) to say hello! You have an adorable blog :) I'm a Future Baby Makin' Machine, trying to prepare to become a mommy! Hope you'll share your wisdom with me!

Bluesy-Nista said...

Your kids are the best! You did a great job recounting the conversations.

Following you from MBC

Twincerely,Olga said...

Your funny!! I love your blog! Your kids sound like my older ones did when they were that age.I am new to blogging so please stop by